FIT RADIO RECIPE: Caramelized Apple Muffins
Share with your friends!Tweet
Recipe Courtesy of Meghan Knowles @Megameows
Recipe makes 12 muffins
Prep Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 45 mins
- 1 Crisp and Sweet Apple (8.5oz).
- 3 TBSP Sugar-Free or Calorie-Free Syrup
- 1-1/4 TSP Apple Pie Spice or Ground Cinnamon (1/4 TSP for caramelizing the apple, 1 TSP for the muffin batter).
- 1-1/2 Scoops of Whipped Vanilla Cellucor COR-Performance Whey Protein (50 grams)
- 1 Cup Whole Grain Oat Flour
- 1/2 Cup Rolled Oats
- 1/2 Cup Baking Stevia
- 1 Large Egg + 1 Large Egg White
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 TSP Baking Powder
- 1 TSP Baking Soda
Cinnamon Swirl Crumble Topping (Optional)
- 1-1/2 TBSP Coconut Flour
- 1/2 TBSP Stevia
- 1/3 Scoop Cinnamon Swirl Cellucor Whey
- 1 TBSP Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 TSP Melted Coconut Oil
Caramelizing the Apple
1. Take the apple, peel and core it.
2. Dice up the apple into small pieces.
3. Take a medium frying pan and heat it to medium low.
4. Spray the pan with nonstick of choice.
5. Once heated, add the apple slices. Pour your syrup of choice (3 TBSP) over the apple slices and stir it all in so that the slices are coated.
6. Sprinkle 1-1/2 TBSP of stevia and 1/4 TSP of apple pie spice. Mix together and allow it to cook down until soft, stirring occasionally. This will take about 5-7 minutes.
Making the Muffins
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and begin preparing your muffin batter.
2. Combine the Whipped Vanilla Cellucor COR-Performance Whey, oats, oat flour, stevia, 1 tsp of the apple pie spice, and baking agents in a bowl. Mix well.
3. Add in your egg, egg white, and applesauce, and stir until combined.
4. Take a muffin pan and spray it with non-stick of choice.
5. Take a spoonful of batter and place it at the bottom of each compartment. Use only 1/2 of the batter.
6. Evenly distribute the caramelized apples on top of the first layer of batter. Pour the rest of the batter on top.
7. Place the muffins into the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes. Allow the muffins to cool down before removing from the baking pan.
Making the Crumble Topping
1. Combine the coconut flour, stevia, Whey, and almond milk. Stir until it begins to clump.
2. Melt your 1 TSP of coconut oil, add it to the bowl and stir until the batter is all mixed together. Should be a clumpy consistency.
3. Add on top of the 12 unbaked muffins.
Calories Per Muffin: 122
Protein: 6.4 grams
Carbs: 21.4 grams
Fat: 1.9 grams
FITMENCOOK RECIPE: SPAGHETTI SQUASH WITH CHICKEN MEATBALLS
Simple to make and absolutely delicious (Trust us, we tried it).Read More
PEANUT BUTTER MARSHMALLOW S'MORES BROWNIES
All the satisfaction of this sweet staple without all the calories.Read More
S'MORES CHOCOLATE CHIP GLAZED FRENCH TOAST
Everything to love about this s'mores protein French Toast.Read More